5 Tips To Instant Creativity
Some days I’m super-creative, other days I cannot think of a single thing. Sound familiar? Here are 5 tips to get your inspiration flowing, whether you are a writer, blogger, designer, or content creator. Do you have any good tricks up your sleeve? Please share in comments & let us support each other!
- Write in your journal/diary: I love my journal. I go through phases where I will write all the time and periods where I won’t write in it at all. I use it to plan my workday, write down quick ideas, brainstorm, or just to write for the sake of writing. It doesn’t matter if its something I can use or not: I get more inspiration and ideas by merely jotting something down, even if it’s just my plan for today.
- Make it a habit to write for ten minutes first thing when you wake up in the morning: Before you do anything, just grab the pen and write. It doesn’t matter what. It can be a list of daily chores, essays, diary, whatever. The point is to open your mind and let your thoughts start flowing.
- Pick a random keyword and start writing/designing something around it. It doesn’t matter what word it is. Just create something. Even if you feel its crap and no-one gets to see it, don’t worry. Dare to create just for the sake of creating. This is how you will finally get through to all the good ideas.
- Pick an inspiring photo and create/write something out if it: If you need ideas, search pictures on the internet. Pixabay, for example, is an excellent place to start. Search for a keyword, pick a photo you like and write or create something inspired by it. You can write a poem, an essay, draw something, or even try to re-make the photo in your own style.
- Let your real life inspire you: If you feel this is too personal, you don’t have to let anyone see whatever you create. The point is to tap into yourself and open yourself to the creative stream of thought. Its often easier if you start with something familiar.
Best of luck, all you lovelies! Please tell me how it went, I would love to hear it!