When was the last time you put aside a whole afternoon or evening to spend solely with yourself? A “self-date” is a super important part of self-care, but it’s something that often gets overlooked, especially when life gets busy. I used to feel self-conscious about going on a self-care date and struggled to find time away from the kiddos to prioritize this. Then I realized it did not have to be so complicated. Even half-an-hour in nature is a self-care date for me!
My website contains affiliate links. If you use them, I might be rewarded a commission at no extra cost for you. It helps to keep my guides & resources free for my readers – so thank you for the support, you are all awesome!
Here’s how to get started & plan a self-care date:
Set time aside: Just like you’d plan a mutually convenient time for a date with another person, the first step for a “self-date” is to book some time in your schedule to focus on yourself. And it’s absolutely crucial that you treat this time as a non-negotiable appointment that you can’t back out of.
What to do on a “self-date”? The options are endless. Just make sure that it’s an activity that you enjoy and that will benefit your wellbeing. Bonus points if you can make it mindful too!
Need some inspiration? Here are a few ideas:
- Indulge in a scented bubble bath. Try some relaxing essential oils for a super-chilled soak.
- A spa day or if the budget doesn’t stretch to going to a spa, try a DIY spa at home with a face mask, manicure, pedicure, and self-massage.
- Walking in nature and paying close attention to the sights and sounds you encounter.
- Getting creative and making some positive affirmation cards.
- Journal writing.
- A Self Care Sunday to get you ready for the week ahead. Include things like meditation, yoga (try these yoga at home videos!), a relaxing bath, and other activities that soothe the mind and body.
Which one will you try out? Go on, I challenge you. Pick one and let me know how it goes!