Do you ever wonder why you’re here, babe? After all, you are born with a unique set of passions and talents that no one else in the world can duplicate! Finding your life purpose and passion allows you to live a life of more, embrace radical self-love, live out those secret dreams of yours, and get unstuck in life.
When you’re doing what you feel like you must have been born to do, you can create a life you enjoy through and through. Your goals will have more meaning to you, and challenges will be naturally easier to overcome as you joyfully move toward achieving those goals. This process for finding your life purpose enables you to tune in to your inner self and figure out what makes you tick. Take the time to find your purpose – your life will certainly change for the better!
Prepare Yourself To Finding Your Life Purpose
For this process, an open mind is optional but helpful. It doesn’t matter if you don’t think this will work – it just means it might take a little longer. All you really must have are a piece of paper, something to write with, and approximately an hour of peace and quiet.
As you’re doing this exercise, try to empty your mind as much as possible. The clearer your mind is, the quicker and easier the process will be. Also, do this while you’re relaxed, alone, and unlikely to be disturbed.
- Focus on your intention. Write at the top of your paper: “This is my life purpose.” This simple act sets your intention in your mind for the next hour.
- Begin listing your thoughts – even doubts about this process. As you clear your mind and focus on this process, write whatever comes to mind, no matter what it is. If you think to yourself, “This isn’t going to work,” then you would write, “This isn’t going to work.”
- Brainstorm. Answering these questions will get you started. Then keep writing your thoughts until you find your life purpose.
- What are your talents and abilities?
- Which talents would you like to develop further? Why?
- What are your passions?
- Do you get joy from helping others? Who?
- Have you always wanted to be a philanthropist?
- What activities do you enjoy?
- What have you always wanted to do, but you haven’t done it yet?
- Who do you most enjoy being around? Adults? Children? Why?
- Do you love animals?
- Do you like to travel?
- Do you want more excitement in your life?
- What are your favorite books or movies? Why?
- How do you feel about your relationships?
- Do you take an interest in politics or world matters?
- What are the most important priorities in your life? Family? Work? Something else?
- How will you know? You’ll just know. It will be the answer that fills you with the most emotion. You may even cry. The idea will resonate with you completely, and there won’t be any doubt. Just continue writing whatever comes into your mind until you reach that point.
- Commonly, answers will repeat themselves. A lot of unrelated nonsense is also likely to come out. Our brains can be a little cluttered, and this exercise will expose that fact. Don’t let anything you write distract you from your intentions; odd things quite frequently end up on the paper.
- There will be several answers along the path that feel pretty good to you, but remember, you’re looking for the big one. When you see the ones that are good, but not “it,” this means you’re close, but not quite on target yet.
You’re looking for that one idea that feels overwhelming to you. In this exercise, it’s common for your life purpose to reveal itself in less than 100 ideas, but it can take as many as 400. Keep writing.
How Can I Apply My Life Purpose to Benefit Me?
Now that you’ve discovered your purpose, always try to honor it. To do so, keep it in mind consistently. Ask yourself, “Is this in alignment with my ultimate purpose?” A life lived like this, with direction and intentionality, is a life you can truly enjoy.
So don’t wait any longer; schedule a time to do this when you know you’ll have some peace and quiet. Knowing the core reason you’re here is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give yourself.
Free Self-Discovery Coaching Program
Need a little extra push and support on your journey to self-discovery, passion, and finding your life purpose? Ready to challenge yourself and discover more about yourself? Join the FREE 5-day program – delivered straight to your inbox!
How much do you really know about yourself? And do you feel like you have a clear purpose in life or do you sometimes find yourself feeling a little bit lost? It can be super easy to get swept along with messages from other people and this drowns out your own voice. Add in the fact that we tend to juggle specific roles in life that can get us stuck in a rut as far as our true self is concerned. Chances are, you may not even be that aware of who you really are, and this can mean you’re more open to being influenced by others and find it harder to follow your own path.
That is why I have created the Self Discovery Challenge where you’ll discover more about how to break away from this and go on a journey of self-discovery to work out how you are and where you really want to go in life.
With this 5-day challenge, I’m going to share with you this week, you’ll learn a few tips to get started on this journey.
Comment below with an I’M IN! if you are going to join us and share your experiences. Have you had any previous attempts at trying to unlock your true self or is this a brand new experience for you? I’d love to hear where you’re at before we get going on the challenge. We will talk more when you join this free coaching program!