Essential oils have a long history of therapeutic use and have been used for centuries to heal and repair. In modern aromatherapy, the healing power of lavender oil was discovered by the French chemist, Rene Maurice Gattefosse, after he accidentally plunged his badly burnt hand into a vat of it and was amazed at its effects on his burns. Dr. Jean Valet also harnessed the healing power of essential oils for treating injured soldiers in the Second World War.
Want to tap into the healing power of essential oils for yourself? Let’s talk a little bit about how you can use them:
- Clove and eucalyptus oils have antiseptic qualities – including Staph aureus.
- Lavender is super useful for helping to heal cuts, burns and other wounds.
- Lemon oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oregano oil can be used to treat respiratory problems, heartburn, allergies, skin conditions and sinus problems.
- Tea tree oil is antiseptic and antibacterial. It’s often used to treat fungal infections such as athlete’s foot.
- A blend of 2 drops of rosehip oil and 2 tsps. of almond oil can revitalize tired, dull looking skin.
- Peppermint, eucalyptus, thyme, frankincense and ginger oils can all be used topically or through diffusion to ease muscular and joint related aches and pains.
- Peppermint and eucalyptus oils can also relieve headaches.
Most essential oils will need to be blended with a carrier oil if they’re applied topically. It’s super important to buy high-quality essential oils that will offer the best therapeutic benefits. You can rest assured that the quality of doTERRA essential oils rigorously tracked, and you can get top quality at wholesale prices here.
Ready to learn more about how essential oils can help to improve your mood? Join the FREE 5-day program!