When your focus dips and you really need a mental boost, reaching for certain scents can be a game changer. Read on for some must-have essential oils for a mental boost.
- Rosemary is super effective at boosting your memory … by up to 75%, according to some studies. It’s also been shown to improve cognitive performance. If you’ve been a bit absent minded lately or you just feel that your mind needs a helping hand to function at its best, this is a great essential oil for you!
- Peppermint is a great scent for improving your focus. It stimulates the mind, which has big benefits for concentration, memory and mental clarity. It’s also perfect for a natural, caffeine free energy boost.
- For mental clarity, go for basil oil. It’s great for improving focus and recall. It’s also a stress buster and we all know how easily chronic stress can affect cognition.
- Frankincense can help to improve your focus and is also super helpful for regulating your mood.
- Grapefruit oil is hugely stimulating and is ideal for a natural energy boost.
- Citrus oils are great for giving you a quick and easy energy boost. Need to sharpen your focus? Lemon oil is super useful for increasing attention levels. In a Japanese study, inhaling lemon oil increased work accuracy by as much as 50%.
Any easy way to get the benefits? Add a drop or two of your chosen essential oil to a tissue or cotton wool pad or just sniff straight from the bottle. Or if you prefer, you can diffuse the scents.